Our Building

 

Photo © David Dixon, used with permission.

Our present building replaced the temporary 'iron church' erected on the site of the present church hall in 1900. In May 1905, plans for the new church were being drawn up by the Manchester architect Cecil W Hardisty. The new building was consecrated by the Bishop of Manchester in a special service held on St Luke’s Day, 18 October 1907. The old ‘tin church’ which lay immediately behind the new building, was then demolished.

This guide to the church building highlights the good stained glass in the Arts and Crafts style.

Our community hall is located between the church and the rectory. The hall was opened in 1971. Major refurbishment to the kitchens took place in recent years. Fundraising to further refurbish our toilet facilities, upgrade lighting and improve the decor are ongoing. Our hope is to complete this work in the next few months.

The hall is available for hire: see here for more information.